Breadwinners is a small but multi-award-winning and ambitious charity, and not for profit social enterprise, providing work experience, training and mentoring opportunities for refugees and young people seeking asylum.
Becoming a Trustee
Breadwinners Foundation’s Board of Trustees work together to ensure the charity has the biggest possible impact. As a trustee, you will have the opportunity to support our strategic development and will support the Director in setting and overseeing our plans, policies and finances. Breadwinners is a young and small charity, so your expertise will make a real impact.
Alongside the general responsibilities of a Trustee, you will:
- Support the Director in researching, identifying and developing new models to grow bread sales, and achieve Breadwinners mission
- Liaise with relevant staff to champion an effective growth plan, and ensure that plan is aligned with the mission to support more refugees into work.
- Ensure Breadwinners customer service is of the highest standards.
- Support the Director in the production and implementation of the business plan. Growing both the markets and the e-commerce.
- Support the Director to implement a Marketing plan.
- To represent Breadwinners at social events.
Ideal candidates attributes
- Passionate about supporting refugees and young people seeking asylum.
- Knowledge and experience of growing an e-commerce business AND/ OR knowledge and experience of Farmers Markets and shopfronts.
- Knowledge and experience in business development and Sales.
- Knowledge and experience of customer services.
- Self-starter with commitment, motivation and drive to upskill as needed to support the charity.
- Knowledge and experience of telemarketing and call centres.
- Knowledge and experience of CRM systems.
- Knowledge and experience in Marketing.
- Knowledge of the baked goods industry.
- Available to dedicate at least 8 hrs per quarter to Breadwinners work.
- Available to attend Trustee board meetings on weekdays afternoons 5 times a year.
- Committed to a 2 years term on the Board.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Breadwinners – Business Development Trustee” as the email subject. We will arrange interviews for great applications as they come in. No more applications will be taken after the 7th of May 2021.