Bovingdons - Porter
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £14 – £15 per hour
Back of House/Porters
Bovingdons catering – London SW18 1SR
*EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR – BRITISH BUSINESS AWARDS 2021*
Bovingdons is one of the leading catering companies in London, specialising in operating within delicate historic buildings. We have recently been awarded the prestigious title Employer of the Year at the British Business Awards, and won the London Venue Awards’ Best Catering Team. If you are looking for an exciting and dynamic place to work, we may well be the right fit!
Duties and responsibilities
· Assist with the delivery of events from a back of house perspective.
· Responsible for ensuring that all necessary equipment, drinks and set ups are in place to maintain high standards of professional service at all times in the event areas.
· Driving the company vehicles to and from events, leading the load in, set up and load out processes.
· Leading the back of house function during the events, ensuring high standards of service are maintained.
· Develop professional relationships with the onsite teams.
· Responsible for maintaining a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas and recommend any changes/requirements necessary to the Head of Event Operations.
· Support the Head of Event Operations in the management of the wine/drinks stores, ensuring stock is secure, looked after and rotated regularly.
· Managing equipment inventory by looking after the stock whilst picking, packing, loading.
· Ensuring that wash up is completed to a high standard with items ready for their next use, packed in an organised manner.
· Take responsibility for protections and preservation of the building as a heritage site, being fully conversant in the ‘venue rules’ and taking a proactive approach to protecting and conserving the building and archaeological features of a listed building and scheduled ancient monument.
· Ensure clear communication is maintained between the ops team and on site teams.
· Attend training courses as required.
· To be fully conversant with the site’s emergency procedures.
· Ensures that health and safety standards are maintained and action/report any hazards, as necessary.
· Complete any other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Management Team and to ensure the smooth running of the service areas.
· Experience in the events industry
· A full driving licence and confidence in driving large vehicles (up to 3.5ton) safely.
· Health and safety experience/certification desirable.
· Exceptional organisational skills
· Outstanding customer service
· Effective communication skills dealing with both internal and external contacts.
· Attention to detail
· Food hygiene certificate (preferable)
· Computer literate
· Ability to work independently and under pressure whilst prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines.
· Must have a passion and love for events.
· Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota and a willingness to extend or change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
Bovingdons is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
Hourly rate dependent on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £14.00-£15.00 per hour
We encourage staff to wear face masks at events