We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and innovative Programme Manager with a passion for supporting refugees, and knowledge of e-commerce and telemarketing. We are a small, and ambitious start-up, so a can-do attitude and the drive to work within a small team, delivering huge impact is essential, together with an ability to train and assist our beneficiaries doing online calls over the weekend.
- Programme Development – Running the Programmes
Designing and delivering an innovative programme supporting refugees into work called “Proofers”, using our e-commerce business model as a platform. The ‘Proofers’ programme has been piloted since May 2020 and has supported 7 refugees with online work experience, mentoring and training.
- Charity Impact – Checking we are doing good!
Working with the Project Director and Programmes Manager to measure the positive impact of our programmes and report to funders, using different tools, and continuously learning from the needs and experiences of unemployed refugees in London to improve the programmes.
- Performance Management – Supporting the development of people
Designing a supportive development plan for “Proofers” and “Volunteer Mentors”, to ensure everyone is making the most out of their involvement with Breadwinners.
- Effective Operations – Supporting the e-commerce
Working with the Project Director and Programmes Manager to support the e-commerce model, ensuring high customer service levels, driving sales, compiling data on our CRM following GDPR best practices, putting in place telemarketing procedures, and ensuring that the “Proofers” are supported with training and on-hand experience on how to become excellent Online Sales Representatives.
- Resource Management – Recruiting amazing people
Supporting the Project Director and Programmes Manager to recruit new “Proofers” and “Volunteer Mentors”, to successfully deliver the Programmes.
- Governance – Safety First
Ensuring safeguarding and code of conduct of all participants.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below points:
- Passionate about supporting refugees and young people seeking asylum, with either personal, professional or volunteering experience.
- Strong project management skills, planning tasks and activities, dealing with a variety of people and different communication styles and forms (Face to face, video call, email, WhatsApp).
- Experience in designing and/or delivering personal development programmes; recruiting, training, supervising and motivating beneficiaries and volunteers, is desired.
- A simple approach, finding quick solutions to problems and setting up new processes.
- Energetic and self-motivated, able to work by yourself and as part of a team. Ability to motivate others and create a fun and positive environment, trying out and innovating new approaches.
- Valuing connections and personal interactions, welcoming new people and being open to new cultures. Involving your network and expanding it to new people.
- Entrepreneurial, e-commerce business experience, preferably on telemarketing.
- Ability to multitask, cover other responsibilities when needed, and delegate.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of e-commerce and Google platform including email, calendar, drive, sheets, docs, slides. Advanced excel skills are desirable.
- Good English is essential. Understanding of additional languages, such as Arabic, is desired.
- Salary – £23,000 pro-rata to 2.5 days a week secured for 6 months.
- Opportunity to work directly with beneficiaries and volunteers, and make a difference in their lives and yours.
- Contribution to the growth and direction of a new, ambitious, award-winning charity.
- Working directly with the Project Director, and alongside a supportive and passionate Board of Trustees.
- Flexible time and work locations.
- You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this job.
- Appointment subject to DBS Checks.