Swan, Shakespeare’s globe: Job DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Bar back
Reporting to: Bartenders/Head Bartender/Supervisors/Duty Managers/Head of Bar
- To support bar tenders in offering guests a diverse, friendly and memorable service.
“To provide the perfect setting to bring people together and create memorable experiences.”
We work together using the core values of the Swan which are:
- Valuing our people
- Championing hospitality
- Keeping standards high
- A taste for good design
- Being true to ourselves
- Doing business right
HOW WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO BE
- To provide exceptional quality products at all times, upholding high service standards, product knowledge and above all, outstanding hospitality and warmth.
- To have the support of and be genuinely supportive of all members of the Swan team.
- To demonstrate initiative and self-discipline when on duty, using your time effectively and productively towards Swan targets.
- To be at your work-post and in your uniform impeccably presented on time.
- To take advantage of staff development opportunities and periodic performance reviews.
- To perform the day-to-day operational duties and when appropriate, assist with any other duties required by the company, whether in your department/section or elsewhere.
- To uphold exceptional service standards, hospitality and warmth.
- To observe how your colleagues handle complaints courteously and efficiently and communicating these immediately to the Manager on duty to increase your awareness of how you should react if you ever experience a situation where a guest complains to you.
- To ensure the Bar is setup and broken down according to established standards, ensuring there is enough equipment and stock to ensure service runs smoothly.
- To ensure all drinks are dispensed to company standards.
- To make coffees on the espresso machine according to standards.
- To follow the order of service.
- To support bar tenders to serve drinks by ensuring there are correct levels of daily mis en place ahead of and during service.
- To ensure the bar and all equipment are kept clean and organised.
Environment and Compliance:
- To follow Health and Safety policies and procedures in every aspect, including strict personal hygiene and food handling.
- To ensure thorough knowledge of fire and evacuation procedures.
- To ensure correct practices are adhered to with regard to current licensing laws.
- Ensure bar cleanliness (front and back of house) is maintained to the highest standards at all times.
- To ensure wastage is correctly reported and kept to a minimum.
- To maintain the highest personal standards of presentation, dress and behavior.
- To ensure all daily and weekly cleaning jobs are completed and signed off on checklists.
This Job Description is not intended to define a definitive list of duties and responsibilities and is subject to regular review to ensure that it accurately represents the key requirements of the role and the development of the business.
I have read, understood and accept the details of the role in this Job Description:
FULL NAME: DATE: