Swan, Shakespeare’s globe: Job DESCRIPTION
Job Title: KITCHEN PORTER
Reporting to: Assistant Back of House Manager/Back of House Operations Manager
- To aid the kitchen team by maintaining the cleanliness of all Back of House areas and equipment.
“To provide the perfect setting to bring people together and create memorable experiences.”
We work together using the core values of the Swan which are:
- Valuing our people
- Championing hospitality
- Keeping standards high
- A taste for good design
- Being true to ourselves
- Doing business right
HOW WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO BE
- To ensure the integrity of your work in line with Company directives.
- To have the support of and be genuinely supportive of all members of the Swan team.
- To demonstrate initiative and self-discipline when on duty, using your time effectively and productively towards Swan targets.
- To be at your work-post and in your uniform impeccably presented on time.
- To take advantage of staff development opportunities and periodic performance reviews.
- To perform the day-to-day operational duties and when appropriate, assist with any other duties required by the company, whether in your department/section or elsewhere.
- To ensure that the day to day cleanliness of all Kitchen areas (both Main and Basement) is kept to the highest level of hygiene and upholds Swan hygiene standards.
- To ensure that all items of crockery, cutlery and general use equipment are cleaned effectively, with care and attention not to break or lose stock.
- To ensure that all rubbish is separated into recyclable and non-recyclable materials and kept dry, contained, sealed and free of pests and rodents.
- To ensure that all waste containers (inclusive of, but not limited to bottle bins, skips, food wastage bins and bags) are kept clean and disinfected, free of bacterial and pest infestations.
Environment and Compliance:
- To follow Health and Safety policies and procedures in every aspect, including strict personal hygiene and food handling.
- To ensure thorough knowledge of fire and evacuation procedures.
- To ensure correct practices are adhered to with regard to current licensing laws.
- To maintain the highest personal standards of presentation, dress and behaviour.
- To have full understanding of COSHH.
- To use all chemicals and equipment in compliance with Swan’s Health and Safety regulations.
This Job Description is not intended to define a definitive list of duties and responsibilities and is subject to regular review to ensure that it accurately represents the key requirements of the role and the development of the business.
I have read, understood and accept the details of the role in this Job Description:
FULL NAME: DATE:
Signed Line Manager:
FULL NAME: DATE: