OLIO is the world’s first neighbour-to-neighbour food sharing app, and our mission is to solve the problem of food waste in the home & local community. We do this by connecting anyone with spare food –which can be households or food businesses –with neighbours living nearby who would like it. Globally, over one-third of all the food we produce gets thrown away, which is worth over $1 trillion and the average UK family throws away £730 of food each year -collectively adding up to £14bn. OLIO solves this with our award-winning mobile & web app.OLIO is also used to give away other household items including toiletries, kitchen appliances, books, clothes & toys.
Join our Team
In order to accelerate OLIO to its next level in growth and impact, we are recruiting for a Customer Support Agent(Part-time)to support OLIO customers on evenings and weekends. Since OLIO has a strong presence in Mexico, native or fluent Spanish, as well as English, is essential. You will report to OLIO’s Customer Satisfaction and Compliance Manager.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Being the day to day voice of OLIO
- Tagging and assigning Customer Support tickets
- Moderating Customer reports
- Resolving reporting app-related issues for users
- Resolving disputes between OLIO users
- Assisting OLIO volunteers through live chat
- Making suggestions for how we can improve the level of support we provide to our users
- Summarising your progress in updates to the Customer Satisfaction & Compliance Manager
This role involves an out-of-hours schedule including:
- 10 hours per week with potential increase as OLIO growso1 hour per evening Mon-Fri (for ad hoc evenings off this can be swapped out for an hour during the day)
- 5 hours on the weekend, every other weekend for weeks where you’re not covering that weekend, 5 hours during the week.
- The salary is an hourly living minimum wage wherever you may live, contracted for 10 hours per week.
You will be joining a small department with full-time opportunities available in the future. All of our roles are remote-first(and always have been) and so your place of work will be your home.
Is this you?
Our ideal candidate will first and foremost be as passionate about our mission as we are! In addition to this, you will have the following experience and outlook:
- Outstanding written communication skills, with excellent grammar and punctuation
- Tech-savvy -you know your way around a computer
- A high degree of empathy for others
- A deep understanding of the importance of diversity
- An ability to stay calm when confronted with customers who are upset or angry
- A high level of organisational skills, with close attention to detail
- An ability to work quickly and interact with multiple people at the same time/in quick succession
- Native or fluent in English and Spanish
- Evidence of work, projects, university or voluntary work in the field of social good or environmentalism
- Some professional experience in an online Customer Support role
Please send your CV and covering email explaining why you are the right person for this role via the link with the subject line – Application: Customer Support Agent(Part time)