Location: Remote with occasional trips to the office in Herne Hill
Job type: 6-month contract
Our mission is simple, to get refugees cycling! We are a community of refugees, mechanics, staff and volunteers. We collect donations of second-hand bikes, fix them together at our workshop, and then donate them to asylum-seeking refugees. A proportion of the bikes that we receive are sold through our online shop to generate funds, the proceeds of which support The Bike Project, and ensure our long-term sustainability.
There are approximately 13,500 asylum seekers that flee to London each year and almost 27,500 bikes are abandoned in the same period. Our mission is to match the two.
The Bike Project is going through a significant period of growth, turning over £1.5 million in 2020. We are expanding the delivery of bike donations, Pedal Power and BikeBuddies whilst developing our retail arm, The Bike Shop. We are looking for an energetic HR and Finance Administrator with a keen eye for detail, who can help us build the right systems to pursue our charitable mission and sustain our commitment to support refugees throughout the UK as the charity grows.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide admin support to our HR and Finance functions. We have grown quickly over the last few years and now need to ensure new systems and processes are put in place so that all our administration is carried out professionally. This is a great role for someone who loves to keep things organised and pays attention to detail.
To support the HR manager by:
• ensuring all HR data kept up to date on the HR system and HR drive
• processing admin for starters and leavers
• Assisting with recruitment admin
To support the Chief Financial Officer by:
• using Quick books to ensure all financial data is up to date and reconciled
• processing and reconciling payments made through platforms such as Shopify and PayPal
• Assisting with providing information for management accounts and audit by producing reports from Quick books